Friday, September 07, 2007

Edamame

It seems like I am able to write on Fridays now. It’s one of those intermittent quiet twilight-zonish periods at work again (Is it getting more frequent now? I hope we ‘re not going out of business anytime soon!!!) Well, it’s one of those days where I can sneak open a browser or two for some non-work-related rendezvous in my cube. Let’s see... http://www.france-pub.com/french , because the Rosetta Stone is such a wallet-denter and www.costco.com, just to get ready for some weekend shopping. I’m sleepy and what a bummer of all bummers, there is no coffee left in the pot for me, and I’m too lazy to make my own cup.  I made a cup of Green Tea instead, but doesn’t Coffee_morning tea have approximately 55 milligrams of caffeine per cup while Green_teacoffee has approximately 125-185 milligrams of caffeine per cup? So to match my morning caffeine fix, I will probably have to down 3.36 cups of tea in one sitting, which will annoy my bladder eventually aside from the fact that the effect of caffeine in tea usually takes longer to enter the blood stream than coffee, which definitely annoys me already. One cup apparently doesn’t work for meBy some stroke of luck, Moe dropped by my cube to 106_3040_1 deliver a plateful of edamames broiled in Kikoman Teriyaki sauce. Wow! Instant Japanese picnic on my desk!  It's something healthy to munch on while stifling sporadic yawns. She recommended that I suck on the outside to savor the sauce, which actually I found myself doing as if by instinct as soon as I squeezed the soybeans out from the pod.



What joy! I just discovered that I’m not the only orally-fixated individual in this health-conscious workplace.





No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails