Thursday, April 19, 2007

Sh*tty Day

My international license is expiring on April 23 (yes, I am still driving with it...DMV acknowledged it and extended it when I perfected my written test). But crazy chicken nugget! I FAILED my behind-the-wheel test yesterday because I "drifted" to the left lane without looking over my shoulder.  The examiner said I wasn't looking over my shoulder good enough.  Alright, I don't want to go through the horrible details.  I may not be the best driver in the world, but I have been doing it for years. But yeah, my bad.  It's the bad driving habits I brought here from Philippines...finally getting me in trouble... You, EDSA traffic, you!!!



There we go, announcing it to the whole world!  I'm not embarassed.  I actually think it's funny.  It was disappointing though.  But well, there's always a next time.  I'm sure I'll do better on that next one (but I know myself, sometimes, I can get very nervous deep down inside but I'm as calm as the sunset...and you can't really tell because my soul just short of flies away from the situation, just like that)...I guess that explains why the examiner said I "drifted".  And I...for the life of me, can't remember how it happened until now.  Drifted. Perfect word for me.  I always drift away. My friends tell me I need some "touch therapy".  Take it literally...TOUCH ME = So I zoom back to the moment.  LOL.



Well, speaking of therapy. After work, I went to this craft store called Beverly's to buy some easy cross stitch patterns.  Just a little bit of something to shake it all off my system.  I got me hooked back into it now.  I'll show you my work next time.



Then I cooked afritada for dinner, which my hubby says is a winner, next to my kare-kare. Or my adobo that is totally off the hook. 



I'm drifting...



Driving for me is easy.  But I wish the test per se is as easy as cooking.  Or as relaxed as cross-stitching.  Or that any of those will help me get a license fast. Suddenly, I missed Philippines.  You can even get a license in absencia...is that good or what. *SIGH*

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Hi Tita Clarisse- what youve said is true - happened to me here, but there’s always a 2nd time diba. Forget the bad habit driving backhome., hee., hee!! Ms u n Tito Aldoy..

Related Posts with Thumbnails