Monday, January 01, 2007

TGIF

Thank God It's....Friendster!!!   LOL



        It's 1:00 am, I just finished looking at my friends' profiles (with a snoring symphony in the background...Aldred in Wonderland!).  I spent, or rather, wasted about 2 hours online just lurking around in Friendster when I'm supposed to be surfing for a job.



        Friendster.  Sometimes I tend to think...what's up with the world these days? People write instead of make phone calls.  We visit profiles instead of personally checking to see what's up with someone. And when taken to the extreme, some people slip into catatonia staring at the screen 24/7 and become fully-pledged anti-socials (aren't these friendship network sites supposed to be for socializing to begin with???) I have become a wee bit cynical about this whole thing myself -- not until tonight. I'm miles away from some people I treasure the most.  And I'm also decades away from my past (where at some point I have met and shared good memories with some folks I have recently been reunited with in Friendster).  I realized, Friendster has made the world smaller for me. 



        So, because of Friendster, I feel close to my friends and family back home despite the distance. I am not very "skilled" at keeping in touch with each one regularly (busy...or lazy, you decide).  Nonetheless, I still feel like I'm there, witnessing every important moment and learning about each new thing that is going on.  Seeing couples getting married, babies being born, kids getting taller, people celebrating birthdays, friends travelling far and wide........



        Perhaps that's why I go into Friendster a lot.  I am visible and active in this virtual world, blogging and posting pictures, so that you, my dear friends (those who made it to my circle of trust) and those of you, welcome bystanders (who care enough to bother looking at my posts) can likewise witness what's going on in my life even if I'm continents away -- no stalkers though, please! *LOL*  This is my own little way --most of the time, the best I can do-- of keeping in touch.  Caring is a two-way thing.  I realize we shouldn't just say "how are you?"...we might also want to share what's going on in our life to those who care about us.  After all, don't we bother to find out what's going on with those we love in order to receive some kind of peace in our hearts?



Friendstar        So, if used for the right purpose and intention, maybe Friendster isn't really a waste of time after all.  Tonight, I saw my friends and family smiling in their pictures, even those I don't actually write or talk to.  I got a glimpse of their lives and saw how God is blessing them in many different ways. Thank you, Lord, for each one.



        *YAWN*



        I can now sleep with peace in my heart.  Til my next post...Goodnight!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails