Monday, April 17, 2006

Easter Resolutions

          I believe in making resolutions, in ceremonial "from now ons" made on special occasions and accompanied by rituals to symbolize the end of what you want to end, and the beginning of what you want to change.  I guess it's only human nature that we seek special days to finally do it.  No wonder those self-search-popsych-leadership seminar moguls make so much money...on poor lost souls! (I used to lead these things y'know, hehehe).  It does help, though.  That is, if you keep your flame burning and not let the high fizzle out. 



           But here's a cheap way to get your act together on some things.   Choose New Year's Eve to finally get rid of a habit.  Or Easter Sunday for that matter.  Or maybe your birthday. Or maybe your neighbor's birthday.  For me, I like weather-proofing my life on Easter Sunday because it symbolizes resurrection.  A rebirth.  So last weekend, I went on a quick soul-search for cracks , wear and tear of my soul (in between updating my Friendster, ofcourse).  Here are a few resolutions that I have made.  I am writing it down as a form of commitment to myself, and to others, with you as my witness.  (Geez, I wrote so much intro only to probably bore you to death with my stuff).  Please bear with me, and cheer for me, ok?



1)   Be more thoughtful and in-touch.  (I am a loving person, but I am very lousy at keeping in touch)  I will answer text messages, emails and snail mails right away.  Return phone calls and greet people on their birthdays, anniversaries, etc.  I realize the real essence of LOVE is lost if the giver does not connect to the receiver.



2)  Go back to my diet since I gained 7 lbs in Rome.



3)  Be more loving to my hubby.  I love him a lot, but he spoils me so much already that sometimes I don't hear him. Sometimes, I only hear me.  Bad girl.



4)  I will read the daily papers more often. 



5) I will wake up earlier than usual (like I used to) so I can get more projects done.  See the sun rise, hopefully, and enjoy a good breakfast instead of brunch. 



6) I will sleep earlier than usual, for health reasons, and NOT stay up until 3am in the morning.  (But then I would have to change the title of my blogsite?...)



WHAT'S YOURS?





No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails